Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 is entitled to a free school meal.
Some children in KS2 may be eligible for free school meals depending on the family’s income and other factors. Do ask at the school office re Free School Meals.
The current menu and order forms are available from the school office or using the links below.
Please order first thing Friday morning for meals required 10 days later.
The cost of school meal is £2.60 for children in KS2 (Camelot, Discovery and Blenheim). Please click on the links above for the current menu.
Free school meals
Children who attend a Somerset County Council school, whose parents or carers receive certain benefits may be entitled to free school meals.
It is the responsibility of the parents or carers to register their entitlement and request provision of free school meals for their children.
What are Free School Meals?
Free school meals are available to children whose parents qualify by meeting the criteria below. Children must be in school all day and they will be provided with a meal at lunchtime which is paid for by the school.
Children in pre-school or nursery (known as childcare providers) do not qualify for a free meal until they start school, but applications will be processed so that when your child starts school, you will already be notified if they qualify for a free school meal or not.
Who can use it?
Parents and carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) - not Contribution related
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) - not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190 as long as the family are not also in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
If you have recently become unemployed, but are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled to free school meals. Please phone 0300 123 2224 for advice.
Only the benefits listed above qualify for free school meals. No other benefit entitles the parent or carer to free school meals for their children.
How do I apply?
- Please complete the online form, print out a copy of the form from this page or ask the school office or contact 0300 123 2224 to ask for an application form.
- If you are filling in a paper form, take the completed paper form to your child's school, or send it to: Entitlements Team, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY.
You do not need to send evidence with this application. If we need evidence at a later date we will contact you.